Sunday, January 9, 2011

This is my jam.




Last year the Associated Students had an opportunity to host a Ski & Snowboard Rail Jam on campus for the first time. I attended but wasn't at all involved in the planning and execution of the event but it was apparent how much work went into such an immense event.
This Thursday was the 2nd annual Rail Jam and I was un and fortunate enough to be involved in the entire process. It's a large scale event: hours of set-up and take-down, high costs and liability, and the list goes on but the turn out was fantastic and a group of students, who normally aren't fully immersed in the college experience, have a chance to show off their
snow skills. Not just for the college and surrounding neighborhood communities but also for the city and state; many news agencies were present to document our students' talents.

Below are a few shots I took of the competitors. It was a crazy, cold day but I am so proud of my student leaders. They were selfless, giving and giving to a huge event while getting only the satisfaction of success back in return.
Also, here's some footage recorded by our illustrious Alumni department, who I am so thankful were super on top of media coverage for the event, even streaming live for those at home to see!


No comments:

Post a Comment