Understand the legislative and budgeting processes of student fees by ASUU
To fulfill this objective I:
Interviewed the ASUU Financial Advisor
Reviewed the student fees-based budget and budgeting processes
Rob Phillips spent two hours explaining his position, going over the budget process and actually showing me the current ASUU budget. The most interesting thing about the ASUU budget is the section earmarks. For example, 25% of the budget, which is all student fees, goes directly to the Presenter's Office. The Executive Cabinet each year can make adjustments to portions of the budget like the Presenter's Office fund but they must at least give the PO 25% of the budget. About 63% of the total budget is earmarked.
Prepared my own budget request for ASUU for the spring semester
Because I was unable to attend Assembly meetings, and I need financial assistance to attend a conference in the spring, I decided to put together a request for funds from ASUU! I researched the processes, discussed them with Brian and now in the spring I can go through this process on my own.


No comments:
Post a Comment